Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Joys of Parenthood

Well we are just loving every second with our little guy...including today. Owen was having a hard time staying awake during his 10 o'clock meal today. I was trying it all - rubbing his feet, a cold washcloth and nothing was working. I decided to change his diaper - maybe that would wake him up. Since Sam and I have both been peed on about 10 times so far I was cautious enough to put a little washcloth over him when I got his diaper off. Well, I started wiping away and must not have done very well with the washcloth placement because he started to go and ended up getting our bed (again) and also his hair and face!

Well we are half way through eating and decide it is time for a bath. Since he is awake now I decide to try to get him to eat for a few more minutes while Sam got the bath ready. By now he has no diaper on...I am just holding the washcloth over his bum just in case...well, you guessed it - one tiny little grunt a minute later and I had mustard poop all over my arm and pants, the couch and pillow - not to mention ALL over Owen.

We rushed to the bath at this point and got him all cleaned up. You would think it would be over by now, but as soon as his was dried off and getting his diaper back on he decided to pee AGAIN on the couch and into the towel as soon as I could react fast enough to point it down...what a fun morning - see what all you parents of girls are missing out on?!

Here he is as soon as we could get him cleaned up. His hair stands up when it is clean - too cute!


5 comments:

Audrey said...

That's awesome! One time Melanie shot poop across the room and it ran down the door onto the floor. When we were managing apts. Liam peed on me and Melanie. It got in our hair and clothes. Then someone knocked on the door and we had to show apts with pee all over us. What great times. I love when they poop in the tub...especially when someone else is in it with them. I'm glad you guys are in on the fun now. I wish I could come see him. He is so cute.

lacy lee said...

What a sweetie! I think one of the oddest things you develop as a parent is a callousness to poo and pee. Good times!

Laura said...

Ahh the good ol' days. He is so handsome. I am already in love with him. When he gets older you can tell him all the fun you had cleaning up after him.

LaBountys said...

oh I remember those days...where you end up changing your clothes and sometimes underwear 5 times a day. my girls must have mad skills cause they could pee on their heads too! I can't believe it, he's getting even cuter!!

Jamie said...

We are jealous of all that hair!